Commonly known as vinyl players, turntables are charming accessories that were popular in the 1980s. The pure sound that they produce, for instance, appealed to most people. They were also affordable and had unique designs that acted as centerpieces in homes. In today’s modern society, these accessories are back with a bang. People have replaced the best bookshelf speakers with turntables. They are also popular among professionals such as Disk Jockeys (DFs) because of their versatility. Consider buying yours. Compared to the traditional speakers that people have at home, they work better.
Turntables, as most musical devices, are innovative and functional. They sound well. They also have professional-grade designs with best grade components that improve their value. They type that you choose matters, however. One of the quality models available on the Internet will serve you better that a low-grade model. You should also check the components of your turntable of choice. Are they the best? Most people often buy cheaply made budget accessories that end up disappointing them. Finally, choose a product that you will love using. Even though often ignored, attributes such as design and ease of use determine the experience that people have. We have reviewed these attributes in our guide.
- Product Name
- Durable turquoise case, Built-in 3.5mm Aux-in port, Powerful Bluetooth adapter, Reliable headphone jack, Three-speed options, Built-in stereo speakers, Portable suitcase design, Easy to setup and operate, Plays loud and noise-free sound
- Free EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software, Loud inbuilt speaker, Durable wooden case, Reliable belt drive system, Three-speed options, High-speed USB port, Headphone output port, High signal to noise ratio, Loud and quality sound, Stylish modern outlook
- High-speed USB output, Built-in phono preamp, Static balance tonearm, Heavy-duty black-themed case, Long lasting belt drive system, Fully automated system, Plays 33-1/3 and 45RPM records, Favorably priced on the Internet
- Versatile connectivity options, Powerful front-facing speaker, Well-balanced tone arm, Soft dampening control, Heavy-duty wooden case, Stylish leather (PU) wrapping, Portable briefcase-style design, Reliable belt-driven platter, Comes ready to use (pre-assembled)
- Beautiful style, Heavy-duty wooden case, Convenient front panel, Protective dust cover, Convenient playback controls, Advanced RCA output, Powerful on-board speaker, Plays 33RPM-78-RPM vinyl records, Compact and portable design
- Built-in stereo speakers, Powerful Bluetooth adapter, Reliable 3.5mm Aux-in port, Dependable headphone jack, Durable mahogany case, Three –speed adapter, Durable platter and arm, Reliable FM radio, CD and cassette players, Convenient on-board controls, Good accent piece
- Protective dust cover, Antique wooden case, Low-powered system, Universal speaker terminals, Powerful AM/FM radio, Three-speed platter, Noise-free system, Fast-loading system, Space-efficient design, Favorably priced online, Power indicator lights
- Sapphire-tipped ceramic needle (conical), Warm and natural tone, Records MP3 files (via computers), Heavy-duty wooden case, Easy to install and maintain, On-board headphone port, Powerful AM/FM radio, Built-in speaker, Stylish mahogany theme
- Universal electrical system (120 volts), Pitch and tone controls, Heavy-duty wooden case, Records MP3 files well, RCA line output for speakers, Powerful on-board speakers, Plays music from phones and tablets, Three-speed platter, Aesthetic black theme
- Transparent dust cover, Anti-resonance cast aluminum case, Dual magnet phono cartridge, RCA output for speakers, Switchable phono amplifier, Dual-speed platter, In-built speakers, Stylish black-themed outlook, Reliable belt drive system
What to Look for in a Turntable
Since their reintroduction a few years ago, turntables have taken the world by storm. If you are tired of using the best portable Blu-ray and DVD player in your possession, consider buying one. Keep these attributes in mind when you are shopping to get the best:
Design: Even though simple looking, turntables are complex accessories with several features. The design that you get determines the types of vinyl that you can play. They also determine the experience that you will have whenever you are playing music. To get the best turntable for home or professional use, three key attributes to look at are:
1. Platter: on turntables, the platter is the spinning platform that secures vinyl. To get the best model, thus, look for one with a stable platter. Wobbly ones often lower music quality. They also lower the value of vinyl over time by increasing the risk of scratches.
2. Drive systems: turntables use motors and belts to spin platters when playing music. Pay attention to the type that your turntable of choice uses before spending money. Direct drive tables use motors to spin platters directly. Because of the less number of moving parts that they use, they are quiet and versatile. They also maintain consistent speeds. This enables people to play most types of vinyl. Belt driven turntables are the cheaper of the two. Unfortunately, their bearing assemblies often develop funny noises over time.
3. Arm: finally, check the arm of your turntable of choice. Is it sturdy and durable? Does it play most types of vinyl well? In their hurry, most people choose low-quality products that fail to meet their needs. Do not make a similar mistake.
Performance: The performance of a turntable is important, especially if you plan to use it as your primary source of entertainment. Even though most brands claim to offer the best, this is not always the case. The following attributes will help you to judge the performance of your turntable of choice:
1. Playback speed: what is the playback speed of your turntable of choice? Most turntables have a speed on around 33-1/3 and 45RPM. Whenever you are shopping for one, do not choose any random model with the hope that it will serve you well. Check the type of that you are planning to play. If you have a collection of 45RPM ones, buying a low-speed turntable is a bad idea. It will not serve you well.
2. Wow and flutter: everybody likes accurate devices. The wow/flutter of a turntable depicts how accurately its platter spins whilst in use. Models with a high level of flatter, for instance, do not maintain the recommended speed most of the time. This distorts sound quality. It also lowers the value of vinyl over time. For the best experience, look for a model with a flutter rate below 0.25%. The lower the percentage, the better the experience you will have at home.
3. Signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio: background noise is a popular limitation of turntables. To get the best product, thus, the S/N ratio of your brand of choice should be as high as possible. Ideally, a product with a ratio above 65 decibels (dB) will serve you the best. Here are 10 of the best turntables in 2017 that meet this threshold:
The best radios and home theater system are versatile accessories that keep people well entertained indoors. To improve your experience without spending a lot of money, buying a turntable is ideal. These space-saving accessories sound well. They are also durable and come in interesting designs that meet the needs of most people. Innovative Technology Victrola, for instance, is a charming vintage-themed model that blends well in homes. Its turquoise theme has a unique outlook that people like. If you are tired of the bland devices that you have at home, you will like this device. It will add color to your living room.
In terms of performance, this Innovative Technology Victrola Vintage Suitcase Turntable never disappoints. Under its playful case, for instance, you get a powerful three-speed accessory that works well. If you have slow 33-1/3-RPM records that you are planning to bring to life, this one of the best turntables to use. It works smoothly. It also has a quiet and low-noise system that works well even at such low speeds. People with 45RPM and 78RPM albums or records also appreciate its value. You will do too. Visit Amazon and order yours to improve how you entertain at home.
Nowadays, many people have beach houses that they spend a lot of quality time in. Others venture on frequent camping trips to get away from the hectic city life that they live every day. If you have such as lifestyle and like to stay entertained outdoors, buy this one of a kind turntable. It is an affordable accessory. Its portable suitcase design is another of its major strengths. It even has an inbuilt carrying handle for easier transportation. Forget about the bulky sound system that you carry along during such outdoor trips.
The connectivity options of this turntable are impressive. In addition to its powerful Bluetooth adapter, for instance, you get a 3.5mm aux-in port for wired connections. If your phone does not support Bluetooth, thus, you will still enjoy the value of this turntable. You also get a headphone jack for a quiet listening experience. Finally, the built-in stereo speakers that it comes with have loud and immersive designs that never disappoint.
- Durable turquoise case
- Built-in 3.5mm Aux-in port
- Powerful Bluetooth adapter
- Reliable headphone jack
- Three-speed options
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Portable suitcase design
- Easy to setup and operate
- Plays loud and noise-free sound
- Delicate platter and arm
Turntables are currently in style. This, however, has led to the mushrooming of many brands, some of which fail to impress. To get the best in this niche, do not buy blindly. Do not buy the cheapest product in the market either. A reputable turntable such as ION Audio Max LP will serve you better. With one, you get a top-rated turntable with many desirable features. Its unique belt drive system, for instance, is one of its major strengths. Unlike cheap direct drive motors that transfer noise to platters, it works smooth and quietly. Whilst entertaining thus, its high signal to noise ratio improves the quality of the sound that you get.
Musical devices such as turntables often take a beating from their owners. People travel with them often. Others listed to music for hours, which stresses them to the core. To get a turntable that can withstand such a level of abuse for long, ION Audio Max LP is the product for you. Its belt drive system, for instance, is one of the best. It is durable. It also works swiftly without developing the annoying whining noise that some comparable products make over time. Finally, its natural wood case is one of the best. It is stylish. It also withstands abuse well without cracking or fading over time.
Old turntables only played vinyl records. However, with the advent of technology, models such as ION Audio Max LP also play digital music. You can do so in two ways. If you have a computer, for instance, you can connect it to this turntable via a USB port. Its high-speed interface also enables you to play music on demand without sacrificing sound quality. You can also connect your phone via the provided Aux-in port and play music at home. The system is reliable. It also works well with most smartphones and tablets that most individuals own.
ION Audio Max LP, as most turntables that we have listed, has two listening options. The headphone output that you get, for instance, delivers a quiet listening experience. In your bedroom, thus, you can listen to music whenever you like without irritating your partner. This turntable also has a loud inbuilt speaker that produces quality sound. If you do not have enough money to buy the best speaker, therefore, this turntable has you covered. You get everything in a durable and portable package. Finally, you get a free recording software for converting vinyl to digital files.
- Free EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software
- Loud inbuilt speaker
- Durable wooden case
- Reliable belt drive system
- Three-speed options
- High-speed USB port
- Headphone output port
- High signal to noise ratio
- Loud and quality sound
- Stylish modern outlook
- Poor customer service
Sony products continue to captivate millions of people since its inception decades ago. This PSLX300USB stereo turntable, for instance, is a popular belt drive model with a legion of fans all over the world. If you have numerous vinyl records that you enjoy listing to, you will not regret buying an original one. It is quieter than most models. It also has a powerful motor that spins its platter well to deliver the best experience to people. If you enjoy listening to music, do not hesitate to buy this stereo turntable. It will serve you well.
When shopping online, most people buy cheap and or poorly made devices that fail to impress. Even though Sony PSLX300USB USB Stereo Turntable has its share of cons, its quality is impressive. The two speeds that it operates at, for instance, meet the needs of most people. If you have slow 33-1/3-inch records, for instance, you can play them whenever you like without sacrificing quality. This turntable also supports high-speed (45-RPM) vinyl records that people used in the past. Buy yours to have an enjoyable time.
Are you tired of the low-quality sound that your bookcase speakers produce whenever you are entertaining? Instead of spending money on another set, buy this Sony PSLX300USB turntable. It is a durable accessory. Sound quality is also impressive because of its upgraded sound system. With an original one, for instance, you get an upgraded phono preamp that does a good job. It is loud. It is also durable and designed to improve sound quality whenever you are entertaining. You also get a static balance tone arm. Unlike some low-grade models that lower sound quality over time, this one works well. It is vibration-free. Background noise is also a non-issue.
Do you have a computer with a collection of your favorite music? Apart from playing most types of vinyl, Sony PSLX300USB USB Stereo Turntable also plays music from computers. Once you have connected it via USB and loaded your preferred songs, it plays them automatically.
- High-speed USB output
- Built-in phono preamp
- Static balance tonearm
- Heavy-duty black-themed case
- Long lasting belt drive design
- Fully automated system
- Plays 33-1/3 and 45RPM records
- Favorably priced on the Internet
- Needle attracts dust/debris
- Outdated software CD
Stereo Turntables are unique accessories with powerful systems. If you are looking for a new one that you can use at home or travel with often, this three-speed model from 1byone is ideal. Forget about the low-grade brands that people used in the past. With one, you get a technologically advanced turntable that takes entertainment to the next level. The fact that it can play up to 78 RPM, for instance, is desirable. Whether you have new records or classic old school ones, you will have a good time with this turntable. It works smoothly and quietly at all speed levels.
1byone has quality parts that serve people well. If you have bought several models that have broken down over time, you will enjoy using this product. As highlighted earlier, for instance, its leather-wrapped wooden case, for instance, is light yet durable. You can use it in most environments without lowering its value over time. Its belt and motor system is also one of the best. Whether you play music occasionally or every day, this turntable will serve you well for long. Finally, the balanced tone arm that it comes with is durable. It also has a soft dampening control that soothes vibrations that often lower sound quality.
The vast connectivity ports that you get make 1byone Belt-Drive Turntable one of the most versatile in the market. Fitted with a headphone jack output, for instance, you will enjoy a quieter listening experience when needed. The system works well with most standard jacks found on the best noise canceling headphones. You also get an RCA port that supports many music playback modes and a powerful on-board speaker (front facing). To entertain, thus, you do not have to spend additional amounts of money on a third-party speaker.
- Versatile connectivity options
- Powerful front-facing speaker
- Well-balanced tone arm
- Soft dampening control
- Heavy-duty wooden case
- Stylish leather (PU) wrapping
- Portable briefcase-style design
- Reliable belt-driven platter
- Comes ready to use (pre-assembled)
- Cheaply made plastic handle
The quality of 1byone products has made it sought-after globally. In the entertainment industry, for instance, this belt-driven three-speed stereo turntable is a favorite of many people. Its selectable speed, for instance, is one of its major attributes. If you have an underperforming turntable thus, you will like this one. It plays 33RPM-78-RPM vinyl records well. The versatile adapter that you get also works well over time. Unlike some models that stutter or lose their performance over time, this one will serve you for long. Buy an original model from Amazon for the best experience.
Are you shopping for a new turntable for entertaining at home? Are you conscious about sound quality? To get a versatile product that will meet your needs, consider this stereo turntable. Made with the everyday user in mind, you get an all-in-one musical accessory that produces full spectrum sound. The front-facing speaker that you get is also durable and works rattle-free over the years. Whenever you are listening to vinyl or the MP3 files in your home, you will have an immersive experience always. Make sure that you set it up well for the best experience.
Do you have a home sound system that you use to entertain often? Even though 1byone has an on-board speaker, you can easily upgrade its sound using a third-party speaker effortlessly. This is because of the advanced RCA output that it comes with. It works well with most speaker systems. You can also connect and use them easily without requiring the help of a professional.
There is nothing as entertaining as listening to your vast collection of vinyl records whenever you are lounging at home. Quality turntables such as 1byone often do a good job in all environments. With the help of its playback controls, for instance, you can load music and or customize sound output on demand. It also has a convenient front panel and a solid wooden case that withstands abuse well. Even if you use it on a day-to-day basis, for instance, the risk of it breaking apart is slim. Warping, fading, and other structural problems that some models have are also non-issues.
- Beautiful style
- Heavy-duty wooden case
- Convenient front panel
- Protective dust cover
- Convenient playback controls
- Advanced RCA output
- Powerful on-board speaker
- Plays 33RPM-78-RPM vinyl records
- Compact and portable design
- Awfully small
The designs of turntables have improved significantly over the years. Powerful models such as Innovative Technology Victrola Nostalgic, for instance, have taken over this industry. If you have a collection of vinyl records that you play often, buy one today. You will appreciate its value for many reasons. Made of solid mahogany, this turntable has a stylish design that blends well indoors. You can use in your living room or bedroom without it looking out of place. The material is also durable. It does not warp, crack, of fade easily if cared for well.
Apart from its durability, most people appreciate its advanced six-in-one design. The turntable that you get, for example, is one of the best. It has a sturdy platter that does not wobble over time. It also has a durable three-speed adapter that improves how people entertain. If you have slow 33-1/3 RPM vinyl records, for instance, this product will serve you well. It reads them well without distorting sound quality in any way. If you have 45 RPM and 78 RPM records, you will have a good time too. It loads fast. The noise-free sound that it produces also appeals to most individuals.
Do you have a bunch of CDs that you depend on for entertainment? Do you have a radio podcast that you enjoy listening to at home? Innovative Technology Victrola Nostalgic will serve you well. Apart from its advanced platter and Bluetooth adapter, you get a powerful FM radio that you can use on demand. It even has on-board tuners that you can use to shuffle between stations. With an original, you also get a cassette player and a CD player that works well. If you are not a fun of radios or vinyl records, these devices work well.
You do not need a set of third party speakers to use this one of a kind turntable. With one, you get a reputable all-in-one accessory that has improved how people entertain. The built-in stereo speakers that you get, for instance, do not disappoint. They are powerful. They also produce the loud and clean sound.
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Powerful Bluetooth adapter
- Reliable 3.5mm Aux-in port
- Dependable headphone jack
- Durable mahogany case
- Three –speed adapter
- Durable platter and arm
- Reliable FM radio
- CD and cassette players
- Convenient on-board controls
- Good accent piece
- Skips music occasionally
- Horrible customer service
Jensen JTA-222 is a captivating turntable with a modern-looking and feature-rich design. If you are upgrading the electronics in your home, a new one will benefit you in many ways. First, no matter the type of vinyl records in your possession, this product will serve you well. It can read 33-RPM vinyl records well. People with 45 RPM or 78-RPM ones also appreciate its value. Loading of music is effortless. Because of the top-rated platter on offer, you also get quality sound whenever you are entertaining. Do not waste your money on one of the poor-quality turntables that sell dirt-cheap on the Web.
Jensen JTA-222 has improved how people listen to music. Even though most people like it for its immense power, its convenience is on another level. The headphone jack that you get, for instance, delivers a quiet yet immersive listening experience. It works well with most types of headphones and headsets that people have at home. You also get output terminals for installing external speakers. If you like loud and thumping sound, you do not have to contend with the small on-board one that it comes with. The system supports most types of speakers.
Do not worry about Jensen JTA-222 breaking down and or losing charm over time. Unlike some low-grade turntables available online, the quality of the materials used to make it is impressive. Its antique wooden case, for instance, stands out. It has a solid and durable design that withstands abuse well. It also has a well-finished look that stands out in homes. The dust cover that it comes with also comes in handy. Whenever you are not using this turntable, you can use it to protect its platter, arm, and most other components from dust. This prolongs its life further.
- Protective dust cover
- Antique wooden case
- Low-powered system
- Universal speaker terminals
- Powerful AM/FM radio
- Three-speed platter
- Noise-free system
- Fast-loading design
- Space-efficient design
- Favorably priced online
- Power indicator lights
- Belt and motor wear off fast
Over the years, companies have developed several types of turntables to quench people’s need for quality music. Most of these devices look nice. They also work well. However, only a few can rival the quality of Electrohome Wellington Record Player Turntable. Featuring a stylish retro-themed design that does not fade over time, it blends well in homes. It is also fade-proof and has a durable wooden case (mahogany) that boosts its value further. If you are looking for a retro-themed turntable that works better than most modern ones, Electrohome is one of the best.
Even though this turntable is not as portable as some models that we have listed herein, its value is amazing. The authentic 4-in-1 system that you get, for instance, has made it a sought –after product all over the world. You can use it to play all of your favorite vinyl, for instance, without performance issues. The AM/FM radio that you get works well in all environments. Finally, you get an Aux input port for smartphones and a USB port (high-speed) that plays from flash drives. Devoid of the system that you are using, you will have an enjoyable time always.
Do you have vinyl that you want to convert to MP3 files? Even though many companies offer this service, you can do it by yourself easily. All you need is a computer and an original Electrohome Wellington Record Player Turntable. Each product that you buy comes with a free recording software that works well with most computers. Once you have installed it in your computer and connected your computer via USB, it does all the legwork. When listening to music, all you have to do is press play – it is that easy.
Even though feature-rich, Electrohome Wellington Record Player Turntable is an affordable product. Installation and maintenance are easy. Finally, the conical-shaped ceramic needle (sapphire-tipped) that you get is one of the best. It is durable. It also generates a warm and natural tone whenever you are playing music.
- Sapphire-tipped ceramic needle (conical)
- Warm and natural tone
- Records MP3 files (via computers)
- Heavy-duty wooden case
- Easy to install and maintain
- On-board headphone port
- Powerful AM/FM radio
- Built-in speaker
- Stylish mahogany theme
- Skips tracks on new vinyl
To enjoy music at home, you need the best vinyl records. Many people have these. You also need a valuable stereo turntable that you can use effortlessly at home. In web stores such as Amazon, many brands stand out. Jensen JTA-230SE, however, remains one of the most sought-after for many reasons. Its three-speed system, for instance, appeals to most people. You can use it to play 33-RPM vinyl records whenever you are relaxing at home. You can also use it to play 45RPM and 78-RPM records without sacrificing quality. This makes it an ideal choice for people with both old and new vinyl records.
The two-in-one sound system that Jensen JTA-230SE is innovative. If you have a headphone that you use to listen to music, for instance, buying this turntable is an excellent decision. The headphone jack that it has delivers a quiet and enjoyable listening experience. For party lovers, it is also an excellent choice. In addition to its style and convenience, you get a powerful speaker system that makes it ideal or entertaining. In-built, the speaker is loud. It also plays most types of vinyl records without distortion.
Do you have a collection of old vinyl records that you want to convert to MP3? Contracting a profession record them for you is a good idea. However, to get good results without spending a lot of money, buying this Jensen JTA-230SE turntable is ideal. It is easy to use. You also get a free recording software that you can use to record MP3 files on demand. If you have a computer and a USB cable, you can handle the process easily at home.
Jensen JTA-230SE has durable on-board controls that ease its operation. Its volume control, for instance, responds well whilst in use. You also a tone control, pitch control, and a dust cover for protection.
- Universal electrical system (120 volts)
- Pitch and tone controls
- Heavy-duty wooden case
- Records MP3 files well
- RCA line output for speakers
- Powerful on-board speakers
- Plays music from phones and tablets
- Three-speed platter
- Aesthetic black theme
- Fussy internal speakers
The Internet is home to many quality turntables. The get the best of the bunch, however, Audio Technica AT-LP60BK is an ideal product. Fully automated, for instance, it is one of the easiest to use. Once you have loaded your vinyl, you can sit back and let it do the legwork for you. Moreover, even though its platter supports only two speeds, its performance is impressive. Whether you have 33-1/3 RPM or 45RPM vinyl records, you will have a fun time with this turntable.
Audio Technica AT-LP60BK, as most turntables that we have listed, has a built-in speaker. They are durable. They also project sound well to keep people well entertained indoors. You also get a switchable phono amplifier (built-in). You can use in on demand to improve the quality of sound this turntable produces. Finally, you get an RCA output (plus cables) or connecting add-on audio devices such as speakers. Whilst hosting parties, thus, you will enjoy having an original one at home.
Audio Technica AT-LP60BK is a durable product. Its case, for instance, has a sturdy design that withstands the test of time. The dual magnet phono cartridge that it uses is also one of the best. The replaceable diamond stylus that it has, for instance, does not break down nor lower its value over time. Finally, you get a durable dust cover that protects it platter and arm from dust.
- Transparent dust cover
- Anti-resonance cast aluminum case
- Dual magnet phono cartridge
- RCA output for speakers
- Switchable phono amplifier
- Dual-speed platter
- In-built speakers
- Stylish black-themed outlook
- Reliable belt drive system
- Low-quality buttons/controls
Considered traditional by some people, turntables have undergone a dramatic change over the years. They are stylish. They are also durable have feature-rich designs that entertain people well. If you are tired of your radio or DVD player, buy one of the 10 brands that we have reviewed. They blend well in homes. They also generate quality sound whilst in use.